So, sad to report that there won't be any new pictures on here, at least for a little while...our house got broken into this past week and our camera was stolen :-( Only damage to the house was to our door, where it appeared that a crow bar had been jammed into the door to pry off the part on the frame where the deadbolt latches. Our insurance is covering the property damage, but doesn't cover our personal property that was taken (cash was the only other thing that we could tell had been taken - no other evidence that anyone had been in the house). So, we are trying to be cautious without being paranoid these days about securing our house and being aware of our safety.
Will likely look at getting some kind of camera soon - I can't imagine going too long without the ability to document Eyla - she is so precious and we love to share her growth with anyone who cares! But, don't know that we'll be able to afford to replace what was taken, so we might invest in something to get us through until Dave Ramsey tells us our budget can handle a larger purchase like a nicer camera!!
Enjoying a quiet Saturday evening, listening to the thunder storm outside. The only thing that would make it better is if it was warm enough to open the front door and windows to REALLY enjoy the sound of the rain!
Eyla is bed at the moment, sleeping like a rock, other than an occasional snort because of her snotty nose. She's sleeping okay these days, but the best of hours of sleep for her are from about 9pm-3/4am. I keep telling Jas that we should go to bed with her a 9pm, but for some reason, we don't make it there! I was reading another blog of a former roommate of Jas', who have a baby a little older than Eyla, who was talking about their baby not sleeping and trying to figure out how to best handle it. The mom (not Jas' roommate!) was blogging about having too much information, basically the issue of everyone (personal and online) having so many different opinions about getting your baby to sleep, so who do you believe and listen to? My favorite part was her quote: "Will you: shush/pat him but NOT pick up, pick up but put him down awake and soothed, pick up and soothe until asleep, leave him to cry for a certain time, leave him to cry to sleep...??? Let me just say that NOTHING feels like the right answer at 3am in the morning." I can definitely relate to the last sentence of that! I continue to realize that I really like to sleep...and I don't get to do as much as I like these days!
Well, obviously, without pictures to fill the space, I find myself rambling for all to hear! Sorry if you prefer the pictures - we'll see what we can do about a camera! :-)
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about the robbery. I'm sure it would be hard for me to strike the balance between cautious and paranoid in such circumstances. I look forward to seeing more pics of Eyla! Have a "restful" nite, momma! :)
Oh that stinks! We have an extra little canon elf that we would be happy to mail you until you can invest in a nice camera. Seriously, let us know if you want it. Ah sleep....one can never get enough (unless you're PJ and it's perfectly normal to wake up at 3am). I feel like a walking zombie most days. Bekah
So cool (and flattering) to be quoted in another blog. Hey, we moms will take the recognition (and human contact) anywhere we can get it, huh? :) I'm adding you to my list of followed blogs. Thanks for the shout out!
We will make it! (Just repeat to yourself while rocking back and forth. ha)
The above message was written by me (Krysta) I'm using the farmer's computer and didn't realize they were already logged in!
I'm just remembering when I used to be well rested and computers made sense to me...
Post a Comment