Thursday, March 24, 2011

Conversation on the way home...

As I was driving the girls home from daycare yesterday,  truck swerved across the center line towards me.  I honked my horn and said, "whoa"!  The following is the conversation that preceded that:
E: What happen, Mama?
Me: The truck swerved and it scared me.
E:  He 'care you, Mama?
Me: Yes, it scared me, but its okay now.
E: He no scare you any more.
E:  I take care a'you, Mama.
Me:  Eyla, that's so nice.  I like that you're going to take care of me.
E: (reaching out her arms) I can't reach you, Mama!
Me: I can't reach back there while I'm driving.  I would love a hug when we get home.
E: We go home and see Dada.  Dada no scare you, Mama.
E:  I take care a'you, Mama. (reached arms again)
******************************
Conversation #2, after we passed someone walking on the sidewalk
E: Who dem?
Me:  I don't know them.
E:  I don't know 'dem eder (them either, in case your 2 year old translating skills are struggling!)
E:  He a big guy.  You big guy, Mama?
Me:  Do you think I'm a big guy?
E:  You big guys, Mama and Dada.
Me:  Are you a big guy?
E:  Yeah, I a big guy, too.
Me:  Is Bailey a big guy?
E:  Bailey a big little guy.

This girl cracks me up!  Driving in the car is hilarious...
"see da city bus, Mama?  She so cute!"
"church daycare, Mama!  I go der."
"birds on wire, Mama"
(looking ahead at a couple intersections with traffic lights) "2 greens, 1 red"

2 comments:

Rochelle Matthews Stoltzfus said...

SO CUTE! and LOVE LOVE LOVE the 2 greens and 1 red - - laughing! ; )
wish i could hear these conversations more often.

Brooke said...

Oh I love that little one!!